Arlo Camera Setup
Arlo Base Station Setup
Before setting up the camera via the Arlo setup app, it is necessary that you install the base station a.k.a. SmartHub. FYI, it is the base station that allows you to view camera streams after getting connected to your access point. Installation of an SmartHub is as simple as counting from 1-10. Refer to the below-listed instructions to learn about Arlo base station setup:
- Power up your SmartHub after connecting it to a well-working power socket.
- The LED on the base station will light up.
- Now, create an Ethernet connection between your base station and router.
- Mention the required default Arlo account login credentials in the appropriate fields.
Congratulations! Your base station has been set up successfully. Now, you can connect your camera to the base station and start setting it up.
Know Your Camera
The camera can be installed after connecting it to the SmartHub. The SmartHub functions to shield your home by adding a separate network to your access point. It also works perfectly with other smart home devices. Following are the top-notch features of camera that you will be able to take benefit of after installing it via the setup app.
It allows you to see a crystal clear picture. Thanks to the high-performing lenses of the camera!
You can see the video in color rather than traditional black and white due to color night vision technology.
One of the best technologies housed by cameras to light up the night and keep intruders at bay.
Auto image correction resulting in reduced fisheye effect allows you to have a 180 degree diagonal field view.
Have a conversation with visitors with crystal-clear two-way audio.
The camera automatically focuses on moving objects providing you with a detailed view.
Arlo Camera Setup – Primary Installation
With the installation of your SmartHub, you can begin setting up the camera. Thus, take out the camera from the packaging if you haven’t unpacked it yet. Thereafter, follow the steps given below:
- Insert the battery of your camera into the battery compartment.
- Time to insert your camera into housing!
- Now, press the Sync button on your base station.
- Find and press the same button on your security camera.
- Your devices will sync.
Now, let’s take a step forward and learn about the final steps of installing a camera.
Camera Setup – Final Steps
Once you’re done syncing your security camera and base station, the instructions mentioned in this section can be given a shot to finalize the camera setup process. This is to inform you that both the Arlo setup app as well as the web URL can help you set up the camera. Here’s how to use them for installing your security device:
- Ensure that your camera and base station are synced properly.
- Now, get your hands on a mobile phone in case the final installation is being done via the app.
- If you want to proceed with the web URL, you can take the assistance of a laptop or desktop.
- No matter whether you use the app or URL, the next screen welcoming you will be the Arlo camera login screen.
- Here, you have to click the option labeled New.
- Finish creating your Arlo login account.
- Once done, a few on-screen instructions will come to your aid with the rest of the setup process.
That’s it! Your camera has been successfully set up. Now, you can wall mount it and monitor every corner of your house. However, we would like to tell you that you need to reduce the WiFi interference from the path of your base station and camera. Else, there are chances that you’ll get blurred vision or no vision at all. You are also likely to become deprived of crystal-clear audio. Thus, proper placement of the camera is essential.
Tips for Camera Login
You can’t set up the camera until you get logged in to it. That is why we’ve summed up a few important tips that will help you successfully do Arlo security camera login and thereafter setup.
- Never proceed to log in to your device using an outdated version of the setup app or web browser.
- The login details must be entered carefully. Due to their case-sensitive nature, you can consider turning off the Caps Lock key on the keyboard.
- If you are using web address to access your Arlo login account, make sure that it is being entered into the address field only.
- Get rid of any viruses (if present) on the device you are using to do security camera login.
How to Aim Camera?
Aiming the camera allows you to make real-time adjustments to the camera position. Hence, you can watch the camera stream on your smartphone without any buffer. However, while positioning the camera, lower-quality video will be available. However, panoramic views will be available again when the camera has been aimed properly. The following are the steps that will guide you about aiming the camera with the help of the camera’s positioning mode:
- Launch the camera app.
- If it demands Arlo login account details, key in the username and password.
- Tap Log in.
- Now, select the Settings menu and move to the My Devices option.
- Tap Camera.
- Locate the Device Utilities option and tap it.
- Select the Camera Positioning option.
- Video streaming will begin.
- Adjust the camera until a clear view of the targeted area is available.
Kudos! Your camera has been aimed successfully. Just in case, you do not want to use the Arlo setup app, the default web address is always available to help you aim the camera.
Arm Camera to Detect Motion
You can control the rules your camera uses to record and detect motion. The four modes Armed, Disarmed, Scheduled, and Geofencing can help you adjust the motion detection rules. FYI, these modes can be customized via the Arlo app. Not only this, but you can also create custom modes on your camera.
How to View Camera Feeds?
The camera feed lets you manage and monitor your security device. In addition to that, you can also view and listen to the live feed that your camera is recording. Apart from that, you can record, expand, minimize, and take a snapshot of the video. Moreover, activation of the spotlight on the camera can also be done by accessing the camera feed. The steps mentioned below will help you know how to view camera feeds.
- Launch the camera app on your smartphone and insert the Arlo login account details.
- The app dashboard shows up as soon as you tap the Log in button.
- Now, tap the Camera Feed option.
- You will be able to view the camera feed updates with the help of their respective icons.
- If you want to stop viewing and listening to the live feed, tap the Stop icon.
It was easy to view the live feed status of the camera. We are hopeful that now you have become aware of viewing what your camera records. So, scroll further and know how to pan and zoom the live video.
Pan and Zoom Camera Videos
The camera videos whether recorded or live can be panned and zoomed in order to view the high-definition details. You just have to pinch and drag any image. Refer to the steps given below to pan and zoom videos by accessing the Arlo camera setup wizard.
- Do security camera login using the Arlo login account details.
- Select the Library option.
- Click or tap any live or prerecorded video from the library.
- If you are using the app, pinch and zoom in and out of the video.
- To move around the zoomed-in frame, touch, and drag.
- If you have used the web address on your computer, click the Zoom icon.
- Now, you can use your mouse to move around the zoomed frame.
This is how you can pan and zoom videos after Arlo camera login. However, you can also use the Smart Zoom feature to do the same for the live video. You can get in touch with our team to know how to pan and zoom an camera live video using the Smart Zoom feature.
Arlo Camera Login | Camera Login
Gone are the days when you used to worry about your home security. With the Arlo camera setup done at home, you don’t have to worry anymore. Whether you are there at home or out of the home, everything is taken care of by this awesome security camera. Right from the initial installation to viewing the recorded or live streams, everything is easy and simple. You just need to do Arlo account login. But first, you need to create one. How to create a account, how to do an Arlo camera login and how to fix login issues, detailed info about all this is provided here on this page.
Creating Arlo Login Account
As mentioned earlier, it is very easy to create an Arlo login account. Here is how you can create an Arlo camera login account.
Arlo Camera Login Account via App
- Unlock your smartphone.
- Search for the app in the Play Store or the App Store(varies depending upon the phone’s OS)
- Download the app.
- Launch the app when it is installed.
- Tap on the Create Account option on the mobile screen.
- Fill in the required information as asked on the screen.
The Arlo security login account has been created successfully using the Arlo app. Now you can do Arlo app login and manage your camera efficiently.
Arlo Camera Login Account via Web Browser
- Power up a computer or a laptop.
- Launch a web browser that is updated to the latest version. Using an updated version helps to avoid login issues.
- In the URL bar of the browser, enter default web address and press the Enter key.
- Click on Create Account on the page that opens up.
- Thereafter, fill in the required details on the form that appears.
You have successfully created an Arlo security camera login account using the web interface.
This is about how to create an security camera login account. After creating the account, you can set your camera up at your home. The procedure for the same is also mentioned on this website.
How to Do Arlo Account Login?
After the security camera setup is done, you can view live feeds, recorded feeds with high-quality night visions, and panoramic views on your phone as well as your laptop or computer. But for that, you got to do Arlo login my account first. How to log in to the Arlo account to view feeds or change and manage settings, let us see.
Arlo App Login
- Unlock your smartphone on which you have installed the Arlo app.
- Tap on the app icon to launch it.
- Now, tap on Login or Sign In option.
- Enter the app login details on the screen. Fill in the correct email id and password that you used while creating the account. Refrain from making typing errors to avoid getting Arlo login issue.
- Finally, tap on Log In button to log in to the account.
Arlo Web Interface Login
- Using your computer or laptop, launch an internet browser.
- Enter the URL in the address bar of the browser.
- On the screen that opens up, you need to enter the login email id and password that you created while the initial account was made.
- Clicking on the Log In button will take you inside the security camera account.
Although creating a login account and doing Arlo account login is pretty simple and doesn’t need much technical expertise, still many times users get stuck during the process. If you are one among them, then try troubleshooting Arlo login problems using the guidelines mentioned ahead.
Troubleshooting Login Issues
If at any point in time, you are unable to get through the login process, then follow these steps to get rid of Arlo login problems:
- While you are trying to access the security camera login account using the web browser method, you need to make sure that the browser that is put to use is running on an updated version of the software. An older version may sometimes prevent you from loading certain web pages.
- Another issue with the web browser is accumulated cache and junk files. Thus, consider clearing out the cache, cookies, and browsing history before you try to access the Arlo login account.
- Another probable reason for Arlo login issues is the obsolete OS of the PC. Hence, it is recommended that you use a computer or laptop that has an updated OS installed on it.
- Likewise, if you are accessing the login account on your phone and facing problems, then update the OS of the phone first.
- An older version of the app can also cause issues. So, we recommend you update the app by heading toward the Play Store or the App Store.
- Using the correct web address and login details is mandatory to access the security login account to ditch any Arlo login issue. There need to be zero spelling errors in the login web address, email id and password. Apart from this, check that the Caps Lock key is disabled.
- You can also try disabling the antivirus or firewall temporarily before accessing the Arlo account login page. But do not forget to enable it back right after you are done with the task at hand.
Need Further Help?
That’s it about fixing login issues. Under any circumstances, if the Arlo login problems are not leaving your side and you can’t do login my account even after following the above steps, then consider getting professional assistance is a good idea.
Techniques to Extend WiFi For Arlo Pro 3 CameraJune 2, 2023
Millions of people believe that Arlo Pro 3 camera is one of the top smart home security cameras. As it keeps...
Most Common Tips to Fix Arlo Base Station Lights Orange IssueMay 22, 2023
In case you are one of those users who are experiencing the Arlo base station lights orange issue, then know...
How to Fix Arlo Camera Blinking Blue Light?April 19, 2023
Security of your belongings, when you are not at home, has been a question for ages. But thankfully, wireles...