Arlo Doorbell Installation Wire-Free
In case you are wondering how to do Arlo doorbell installation, then the guidelines given in this section will surely be of assistance to you. Thus, it is recommended that you continue reading and learn how to do Arlo doorbell setup using by doing Arlo app download:
- Start the process by charging the battery that came with your doorbell.
- Open your mobile device.
- Go to the Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Search for the Arlo security application.
- Tap on the Search icon.
- A few results will come into view.
- Out of them, choose the Arlo security app.
- To do Arlo app download, tap on the Download button.
- Give some time to the app to get installed.
- Once the process gets completed, launch the app on the mobile device.
- Use the QR code in the Arlo app to connect to the Arlo doorbell wireless.
- Once done, find a good place or position to install your doorbell.
- Thereafter, mount the Arlo doorbell wireless.
Arlo Doorbell Setup via Wired Method
Above, we mentioned how one can do Arlo doorbell installation using the wireless method. Here, we will talk about the complete opposite. In simple words, we will teach your how to use the wired method to do Arlo doorbell installation.
Before You Begin
- Make sure that you power it off at the breaker
- Ensure that you pulled out all the accessories from the box without damaging them
- Install the Arlo power kit that you received while purchasing the device
- Make use of the following steps in order to accomplish what you came here for.
- Remove the existing doorbell from the wall.
- Thereafter, unplug the wireless device attached to the doorbell.
- Install the Arlo doorbell with or without the mounting wedge.
- Hit the power button on the breaker.
- Ensure that the LED on the device has started blinking.
- If you have not downloaded the Arlo app for PC, then do so now.
- For experiencing Arlo Secure app with Feed, tap + > Doorbells & Chimes.
- To experience the same with Library, select Add New Device > Doorbells & Chimes
How to Install Arlo Doorbell without Doorbell or Chime?
For your information, for Arlo doorbell installation, you will need a voltage between 16-24V AC. However, in order to do Arlo doorbell setup without doorbells or chimes, you need to use a plug-in AC transformer that is known to provide 16-24V, AC, but with at least 1A output.
What You Need to Have?
- The items that you found in the box
- A screwdriver
- Power drill
- Plug-in AC transformer
- Quick start-up guide
Beginning of Installation
- First of all, launch the Arlo Security app.
- Scroll through the introduction screens.
- Tap on the Continue button.
- Skip the following non-applicable steps by hitting Continue.
- Follow the remaining steps to complete the Arlo doorbell installation.
- With the plug-in AC power adapter, route the AC adapter to the location you like.
- Install the Arlo doorbell with or without the mounting edge.
- After that, supply power to the breaker by plugging it in and turning it on.
- Ensure that the LED ring on the doorbell is glowing.
- Make use of the Arlo app for PC instructions to make the doorbell access the WiFi.
- To finish the process, select the None button.
- Doing so will help you avoid damage to your plug-in AC power adapter.
With that said, this guide is coming to an end. Hopefully, you liked reading this post and will be able to do Arlo doorbell installation with ease.