Want to secure your home by installing a security camera in your home? Consider Arlo Essential Outdoor camera- 2nd generation. This camera model by Arlo has become a popular choice among users who wish to add security to their homes and loved ones. The Arlo camera offers live and recorded videos in 2K and HD options. You can install it in your home in very simple and easy steps using Bluetooth technology.
This guide will help you through the installation process. For your information, the instructions given in this guide will help you set up these model numbers:
VMC2050, VMC3050, VMC2052, and VMC3052.
How to Set Up Arlo Essential Outdoor Camera 2nd Gen?
You need to first install the Arlo app on your smartphone. The app can be installed from the Play Store for Android devices and the App Store for iOS devices. Go ahead and download the secure app right now. After that, you need to do the Arlo login on the app and follow the steps given below:
Do This First:
- Unbox the Arlo camera carefully.
- Place the Arlo camera and insert batteries in it.
- Consider charging the batteries as they are partially charged.
Once you are done, use the ahead given steps for the Arlo Essential Outdoor camera installation.
- As soon as the Arlo Secure app gets installed on your phone, tap on it to launch it.
- Scan the QR code or update the app and then log in using the Arlo login details.
- Now, tap on Devices.
- You should make sure that the correct location for the Arlo device where you want to place it is selected.
- You can switch the location by tapping on and selecting the required location from the given list.
- Next tap on the plus symbol that is something like this:
- Tap on Cameras, then select Essential Series > Essential Cameras 2nd Generation.
- Enable Bluetooth on your device if you haven’t turned it on yet.
- Allow the Arlo Secure app to use Bluetooth by selecting Allow on the pop-up and tap Continue.
- Now, press and hold the Pairing button on your Arlo camera for 3 seconds.
- Check the LED on the camera. When it flashes blue, tap Continue.
- Now, choose a suitable location for your camera. Tips to select the location are given in this blog.
- From the list, select the WiFi network that you want your camera to connect to and then tap Continue.
- Input the WiFi password of your network and tap Continue.
- Arlo will now look for your camera. Once the camera is found, assign it a name of your choice and continue.
- Position your Arlo camera now and try with different positions. Finalize the best position that gives you a wide and clear view of the part of the home that you wish to monitor.
- Once you are done, tap Continue.
This completes setting up your Arlo Essential Outdoor camera-2nd Generation. Now find the tips that you should consider while placing your camera.
Arlo Camera Placement Tips
1. Elevate your Camera
Place your camera at a higher location so that it can capture better and wider angles. You can wall mount the camera or place it on a higher object.
2. Aim the Camera Wisely
After placing it, you should consider different angles. Position it properly so that it is aimed at the right location that you want to monitor.
3. Place it Away from Objects
There should be no objects placed close to the Arlo Outdoor camera. Nothing should block the view of the camera.
4. Keep Active Locations Into Consideration
You should avoid placing the Arlo security camera in a place that is highly active. This is because the motion sensor will become active everytime it senses a motion. If there is continuous motion then it will remain active that will drain out the battery.
5. Place it Closer to the WiFi Router
Arlo Essential Outdoor camera needs an internet connection to operate. You can view live and recorded feeds if it is connected to the WiFi. So make sure that the camera is placed within the range of the WiFi router.
Anticipating that the information given in this blog post helped you to set up your Arlo Essential Outdoor camera 2nd Generation. We also hope that after using the placement tips you have selected the best location for your camera. Place and position the camera and enhance the security of your home.