Arlo Pro 3 camera is the best option for home security. It can detect motion and start recording so you can see who is coming in or going outside your house. But, some times, Arlo Pro 3 camera does not connect issues arise. If you are facing the same issue and you are thinking about how to fix this problem then no need to worry. You are in the exact place where you are supposed to be. Here, we will cover all the troubleshooting tips to fix the Arlo Pro 3 camera not connecting problem. But, before moving to the troubleshooting hacks let’s take a glance at the reasons why this problem arises.
Reasons Behind Arlo Pro 3 Camera Not Connecting Issue
There can be several causes why your Arlo camera is not connecting. A few of them are listed underneath:
- The distance between the Arlo Pro 3 camera and router is too much.
- Weak internet connection.
- The camera doesn’t sync to the Base Station or SmartHub.
- Low battery.
- Inappropriate Connection between the devices.
Fixed: Arlo Pro 3 Camera Not Connecting Issue
The approach to fix the Arlo camera not connecting issue is straightforward. If you have no idea how to resolve this issue then walk through the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below in the exact way to fix it.
1. Correctly Sync the Base Station to the Camera
The very first thing you need to resolve the Arlo camera not connecting issue is by accurately syncing the camera to the SmartHub or Base station. Just in case, you do not have Base or SmartHub connected to your Arlo account then open an Arlo Secure app. Thereafter, tap Add New Device. Once done, tap on the Base Station/ SmartHub and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
2. Verify the Battery Status
Another way to fix the issue is to check the camera battery status. The reason being is low batteries prohibit your Arlo Pro 3 camera from syncing to the SmartHub station. If you are not aware how to check the battery status then turn on the computer and log in to your account. Once done, select the camera you want to verify the battery status and settings. After that scroll down till you see the battery status.
3. Check the Base Station Status
If you are not sure how to check the status of Base Station or SmartHub then go through the steps discussed below:
- Unlock your smartphone.
- Launch the Arlo Secure app.
- After that, fill in the admin credentials in the given fields.
- Once done, tap on the Log In option.
- Within a couple of seconds, the Arlo login page will come into view.
- Here, Navigate to Settings>My Devices.
- Now, select your Base Station or SmartHub.
- The SmartHub or Base Station Device settings will display with status.
4. Reset & Reconfigure
If none of the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips work for you and due to this you are not able to access the Arlo dashboard login page. Well, no need to worry. We still have one more solution that can help you get rid of the issue in a jiffy. And that is, resetting your Arlo camera to its default factory settings. Always, bear in mind after the reset process all the customized settings will be deleted.
- Initially, open the Arlo secure App or log in to your Arlo account.
- Once you logged in, tap on Settings and then My Device.
- Here, select the camera you want to reset.
- Select the Remove Device option and then tap on the “Yes”.
In this way, your Arlo Pro 3 camera reset to its default settings. Do not forget to install the Arlo camera. To reconfigure your Arlo camera, tap on the Add New Device option. Tap on the Arlo device button. After that, select the Arlo model and reconnect the Arlo Pro 3 camera to the WiFi network, Base Station, or SmartHub.
That’s it! We end our guide on how to resolve Arlo Pro 3 camera not connecting issue. We expect that with the help of these troubleshooting tips you can easily fix the issue.