There are a plethora of modern and advanced gadgets these days that make your home a smart home. Arlo devices and Amazon Alexa are examples of such devices that make your life a lot easier. The specialty of the Arlo devices is that they can be teamed up with Amazon Alexa. When paired, you can enable voice commands for the Arlo devices. You can ask Alexa to show you live feed from your camera, Arlo doorbell or floodlight camera on devices such as Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire Tablets or Fire TVs etc.
This blog post will help you learn how to connect Arlo to Alexa with easy steps.
Let’s Connect Arlo Camera to Amazon Alexa
To pair up the devices, you should enable Arlo Alexa skill first. As you know Alexa works by taking in commands. You can use Arlo Alexa skill to give voice commands to Alexa and check live feed and more.
FYI, all Arlo cameras are compatible with Alexa. So. If you have an Arlo Pro camera then you need to access the Arlo Pro login page and log in using the admin details and make the connection.
Let us tell you how to connect Arlo to Alexa.
Using Arlo Secure App
- Make sure that the Arlo device is powered on properly.
- Also check the internet connection is stable.
- Download the Arlo Secure app on your smartphone if you haven’t installed it already.
- Launch the app as soon as it is installed.
- Use Arlo login details to log in to the app.
- After you log in, tap on Settings.
- Next, tap on Connected Accounts.
- Now, tap and select the option Alexa.
- Tap Allow and link your Arlo and Alexa accounts.
This way you can connect Arlo to the Amazon Alexa. You can now give commands to Alexa to access Arlo camera.
Using Alexa App
If you wish to use the Alexa app to connect the two devices then use the instructions given below:
- Run the Alexa app.
- Tap on More.
- Select Skills & Games.
- Search for Alexa Skills using the search bar on top.
- Tap on the search result and select Enable to Use.
- Use Arlo account details, i.e. email ID and password and log in to the Arlo secure account.
- Verify your identity by entering the code sent on your linked phone number.
- Next, tap Allow to link your account Arlo and Alexa accounts.
This is how to connect Arlo to Alexa. You can now begin giving commands to Alexa like:
“Alexa, turn on Arlo floodlight camera (camera name)”
“Alexa, show the last motion detected on Arlo camera.”
What if You Can’t Connect the Account?
If you face any issues while connecting the devices then you should use the fixes given below:
- Check the battery status of the Arlo camera. Charge it sufficiently and then add account.
- Update the Arlo Secure app or Alexa app and then try to complete the connection.
- Make sure that the internet connection is stable and that the camera and phone are within the range of the WiFi router.
This will help you get the job done without getting stuck.
At any point in time if you wish to disconnect these two devices, then you can use the steps that have been given ahead.
How to Disconnect Alexa from Arlo Account?
- Ensure that the Arlo camera is turned on and is sufficiently charged.
- Open the Arlo secure app on your phone.
- Use the admin login credentials to log in to the app.
- Tap on Settings.
- Now, select Connected Accounts.
- Tap on Privacy Settings.
- Finally tap Remove.
This removes the Alexa from the Arlo account. You can’t use Arlo using Alexa commands now.
Summing Things Up
This is all about how to connect Arlo to Alexa. You have learned about two different methods to make the connection, using Arlo app and Alexa app. We also helped you by providing troubleshooting fixes if you get stuck in the process. We have also mentioned the process that you can use if you want to disconnect the devices. With the hope of providing you with sufficient information, here we sum up our piece of write up.