Arlo cameras are a popular device for home security. But, occasionally most users complain that their cameras create connection issues. If you are also facing any kind of problem such as the camera not recording properly, showing a black screen, or has been experiencing internet connectivity troubles, then resetting an Arlo camera can help troubleshoot such issue. Are you wondering how to reset Arlo camera? Well, no need to worry. In this guide, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions to complete the process.
Methods: How to Reset Arlo Camera
The approach to resetting the Arlo wire-free camera is straightforward. You can reset your camera using an Arlo account or the Sync button. You can select any of these methods which is easier for you.
- Reset Arlo Camera Using Arlo Account
- Reset Arlo Camera Using Sync Button
Reset Arlo Camera Using Arlo Account
The very first way to reset the Arlo wire-free camera is by using the Arlo account. If you have no idea how to reset Arlo camera using your Arlo account then walk through the hacks listed below:
- Unlock your smartphone and head towards the Arlo Secure App you downloaded earlier.
- As soon as you find it, open it.
- Now, navigate to Settings and click or tap on the My Devices option.
- Here, select the wire-free camera you want to reset.
- Thereafter, tap or click on the Remove Device option.
- Click or press the “Yes” button to confirm that you want to delete the camera from your account.
Congratulations! The Arlo wire-free camera can be reset to its factory default settings. But, sometimes many people are not able to reset the camera using this method. If you are also one of them then refer to the next section to complete the process.
Reset Arlo Camera Using Sync Button
Step-1 Find the Sync Button
The very first thing, locate the reset button on your Arlo wire-free camera. The position of the reset button may vary from model to model.
Step-2 Hold the Sync Button
Once you have found it, take a sharp pointed object such as a paper clip or oil pin and press and hold the Reset button. You will need to wait for a while till the LED light starts blinking.
Step-3 Wait For a Few Seconds
In some cases, the camera will take about 10 seconds to 1 minute to reset itself. We suggest you wait for a couple of seconds to ensure that the process has been completed before moving on.
Step-4 Remove Arlo Camera From Your Account
In order to fully reset your camera it is necessary to complete this step. The reason being, resetting the camera but leaving it in your Arlo account can cause some problems. To avoid further issues in the future, it is best to do this step right now.
For this, launch the Arlo Secure App and tap on the Settings option. Thereafter, tap on My Devices and select the Arlo wire-free camera. Once done, tap on the Remove Device option and confirm your choice.
In this manner, your Arlo camera is reset to its factory default settings. Do not forget to perform the Arlo setup again. If you don’t know how to install it then walk through the instructions given below:
Steps to Setup the Arlo Camera
- First of all, open the Arlo Secure app.
- Afterward, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap Add New Device option.
- Here, select you Arlo device screen, tap Cameras.
- Within a couple of seconds, select your Arlo model screen will appear. Now, tap Others.
- On the Legacy screen, tap Arlo and select an Arlo Base station or SmartHub.
- Insert the batteries into the camera.
- Tap Continue.
- Hold or press the Sync button on the camera and release it.
- Once the LED on your camera starts blinking, tap Continue.
- Arlo will start looking for your camera.
- Name your Arlo camera and tap Continue.
- At last, tap on the Finish button.
In this way, you can configure your Arlo wire-free camera in a hassle-free way.
In the End
That’s it! We conclude our guide on how to reset Arlo camera. We hope that with the help of this blog, you can easily reset the Arlo camera to its default settings.